HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
- Plan your trick-or-treating route before you leave and show your children where you’ll be going.
- Younger children should always walk with an adult, older children should always walk in a group. Set a time for them to be home, or follow them at a safe, but not embarrassing distance.
- Only visit homes that have a front porch light on.
- Never go inside any home, remain on the front porch to receive your candy.
- Wear non-toxic make up instead of a mask. If you wear a mask, make sure it fits well and your children can see clearly.
- Costumes and shoes should fit to avoid trips and falls. Use reflective tape on costumes to be more visible at night.
- Carry a flashlight, glow stick, or reflective tape to make it easier to be seen at night.
- Walk on sidewalks or pathways, not in the street. Cross only at crosswalks or intersections. Make sure you look both ways before crossing the street.
- Pay attention when walking past driveways to make sure cars aren’t pulling in or out.
Have an adult check all candies and treats before eating. Eat only factory wrapped candy, avoid home made treats or candy from another country.